Last year we won Bronze in the best entertainment category at the Lovie Awards.
The plaque arrived today and is taking pride of place on our mantelpiece.
Thank you all so much for your support in helping us get this far.
Benjamin and Rosie.
Have a fantastic New Year and a wonderful 2018! Thank you so much for your support - Benjamin and Rosie
I was recently interviewed alongside a number of other extremely talented podcasters for the latest episode of The Minds of Madness.
It’s the first audio interview I’ve ever done, so was a bit nervous, but I’d recommend checking it out as it’s great to hear from so many talented individuals in one episode.
Thanks for listening, and big thanks for The Minds of Madness for allowing me to be on their show - Benjamin.
Some good news. Patreon are no longer making changes to their fee structure so those that donate to content creators will not be impacted.
Big thank you to all those that support us and made their voices heard - Benjamin and Rosie.
Some more details here: https://blog.patreon.com/not-rolling-out-fees-change/
Rosanna and I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to listen to the show and share it via social media. We have been lucky enough to climb to the top of the UK iTunes chart for the second time and this is because of the support you have shown us. We are incredibly grateful. Thank you all so much - Benjamin.
As creators of content shared via Patreon we recently received a communication that they will be changing the way they charge for a donation.
This change essentially means that those kind enough to donate to creators through the platform are going to be charged more for the privilege.
These changes are not something we agree with and would have gladly absorbed our end.
We were told ‘A new service fee of 2.9% + $0.35 will be paid by patrons for each individual pledge starting on December 18th.’
We completely understand if you decide to lower your donation or remove it completely.
Thank you all for the support you have given the podcast. It means a lot.
Benjamin and Rosie.
This week is turning out to be a pretty good week. I'm expecting a piano to fall from the sky at any minute!
To make our one year podcast anniversary even better, we've been shortlisted for a Lovie award. Everyone nominated also goes up for a public vote award. We know we are up against awesomeness such as my Dad Wrote A Porno and The Guilty Feminist, but you cant win the race unless you enter. So if you could give us a hand by voting and or sharing, we would really appreciate it!
We will be attending a true crime podcast meet up in London at The Admiralty pub on Saturday, September 30th.
The event is being organised by some wonderfully dedicated true crime fans and there will also be a number of other hugely talented true crime podcasters in attendance.
You can join a facebook group for the event here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/612876758917713/
If you can attend, it would be nice to meet some friendly faces.
Benjamin and Rosie.
We hope this message finds you well?
We are always looking for ways to get the episodes we produce into the hands of as many people as possible, and this means we've been looking at different ways to make this happen.
We work hard on the Patreon mini-bonus episodes and would love to get future mini-episodes heard by a larger audience.
This means, while we will be continuing to produce a bonus mini-episode every month, these episodes, which were Patreon exclusives, will be added to our public feed as well.
To make things simpler, we will also be removing the $5, $10 and $25 tiers from our Patreon page and replacing them with just two. $1 a month will be a level to support the show, and $3 will grant you early ad free access to all episodes.
If you are kind enough to currently donate at any tier above the $3 level, changing your pledge to $3 will grant you access to all episodes, ad free, including one mini-episode a month which will likely be released around a week before it appears on our public feed.
For those of you that have been donating at the $10 / $25 level, we will get in touch through Patreon to discuss options for T-shirts.
The six Patreon exclusive episodes we have previously produced will not be added to the public feed and will remain Patreon only exclusives.
We always welcome feedback, and we hope you understand our decision.
Thank you all for your support.
Benjamin and Rosie.
We have just been taking a look at the podcast download stats before we start Season 2 and earlier this morning we hit the five million mark for our 1st season.
The show wouldn't have got anywhere near this amount of downloads if wasn't for listeners sharing the show either via social media or word of mouth so massive thanks to each and every one of you for spreading the word.
We both hope you enjoy the new season.
Benjamin and Rosie.
Hope you are keeping well? Just to give you a heads up, we have recently joined the Acast family so please bear with us if you run into any technical problems over the next days, as we are just in the throws of porting the show over.
Thanks for your patience.
I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, but I’ve finally put together a comprehensive list of all the music featured in Season 1 along with individual links where you can purchase each of the tracks. If the song in question isn’t available to buy I have added a link to either the musician's website or their social media page:
- After the Rain comes Rainbow by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Everybody's Got Problems That Aren't Mine by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Runsten by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Ottenby by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Still Life (Light Mix) by Ars Sonor & Material Action [Free Music Archive]
- Sunset by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Wake Up! by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Mario Bava Sleeps In a Little Later Than He Expected To by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Remedy for Melancholy by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- The Temperature of the Air on the Bow of the Kaleetan by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- There’s Probably No Time by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Café by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Guldheden (Eftermiddag) by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Namaste by Jason Shaw [Free Music Archive]
- OceanTapping by P C III [Free Music Archive]
- Farewell the Innocent by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Hold My Hand (Ambient Mix) by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- I Don’t See the Branches I See the Leaves by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Cylinder Five by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Faces to the Sky by ROZKOL [Bandcamp]
- Hoenikker by ROZKOL [Bandcamp]
- Cylinder Nine by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- The Pocket Universe by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Realness by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- John Stockton Slow Drag by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- That Hopeful Future Is All I’ve Ever Known by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- That Kid in Fourth Grade Who Really Liked the Denver Broncos by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Cylinder Six by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Even when we fall by Philipp Weigl [Bandcamp]
- IA 010 by Andrew Sacco [Twitter]
- IA 013 by Andrew Sacco
- IA 012 by Andrew Sacco
- IA 08 by Andrew Sacco
- IA 05 by Andrew Sacco
- Somewhere Becoming Rain by Redpoint [Bandcamp]
- I Remember Godmanstone by Redpoint [Bandcamp]
- Sentinel by Redpoint [iTunes] [Bandcamp]
- Eating And Growing by Redpoint [Bandcamp]
- IA03 by Andrew Sacco [Twitter]
- Cylinder Three by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Ftrjrny by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- I Am a Man Who Will Fight for Your Honor by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Rgrdlzz by Ars Sonor [Free Music Archive]
- Snowmen by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Timen Passing By by Jason Shaw [Free Music Archive]
- July by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Nothing (Bonus Track) by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Low Horizon by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- April by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Oecumene Sleeps by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Night Palette by Peter Rudenko [Free Music Archive]
Episode 11 and 12
- When You Leave by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
- Fog by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
- Closer To You by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
- Train by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
- Waves by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
- IA 07 by Andrew Sacco [Twitter]
- Untitled by Rest You Sleeping Giant [Free Music Archive]
- For Who to Fail by Rest You Sleeping Giant [Free Music Archive]
- Open Eyes by Rest You Sleeping Giant [Free Music Archive]
- Closer to the Sun by Rest You Sleeping Giant [Free Music Archive]
- All the Little Pieces by ROZKOL [Bandcamp]
- Somnolence by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Anxiety by Kai Engel[Bandcamp]
- Delirium by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Sopor by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Comatose by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Oneiri by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
Episode 15 and 16
- Now You Are Here by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
- Labyrinth by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
- Cylinder Two by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Cylinder Eight by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- What True Self? Feels Bogus, Let's Watch Jason X by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Cylinder Four by Chris Zabriskie [Bandcamp]
- Crystal Echoes by Sergey Cheremisinov [Bandcamp]
Episode 18 and 19
- Seeker by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Harbor by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Denouement by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Imminence by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Tumult by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
- Scenery by Kai Engel [Bandcamp]
Hey everyone. We are shocked and ecstatic to announce we received the gold award for best true crime podcast at the first British Podcast Awards. We are thrilled to be amongst such great British podcasting talent and thank you all so much for your support.
Benjamin and Rosie.
The British Podcast Awards launched in February, hoping to discover the breakout hits that rival the most talked-about podcast of recent years.
As we have thrown our hat into the ring, if you get a moment please could you be so kind to vote for us under the Listener Choice Award.
The competition closes at 23:59 on April 14th, 2017.
Thank you for all your kind words and messages of support.
I hope this blog post finds you well and you’ve all had a brilliant week so far?
As the podcast has slowly been growing, we have been looking at multiple ways to keep it sustainable. The show is a real labour of love, but as it turns out podcasting can be expensive and extremely time-consuming... the latter being the understatement of the decade!
We have decided to use Patreon.com as a way to help us fund upgrades to our equipment (to improve the production), buy research materials and bring our listeners, even more, content.
If you are interested in helping support the show here are a few donation options:
$1 TIER - AMA + Supporting the Podcast
Access to live AMAs (ask me anything) with your donation helping support the podcast. Additional content it available on other tiers.
$3 TIER - Early Access to Advert Free Episodes + AMA
Early access to advert free episodes, 3 to 4 days before it’s available on our public feed, along with live AMAs (ask me anything)
$5 TIER - Early Access to Advert Free Episodes + AMA + Bonus Content
One exclusive bonus mini-podcast per month (only available on Patreon) plus early access to advert free episodes, 3 to 4 days before it’s available on our public feed, along with live AMAs (ask me anything).
$10 TIER - Early Access to Advert Free Episodes + AMA+ Bonus Content + T-Shirt
Subscribe at the $10 level for at least three months, and you’ll get a T-shirt (we’ll be in touch to confirm the size and style). One exclusive bonus mini-podcast per month (only available on Patreon) plus early access to advert free episodes, 3 to 4 days before it’s available on our public feed, along with live AMAs (ask me anything).
Visit our Patreon site here for more information: https://www.patreon.com/TheyWalkAmongUs
Thank you all for support and kinds words of encouragement.
We would like to wish everyone of our listeners a very happy new year and hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas.
2016 is certainly not going to be a year we'll forget in a hurry, for reasons not just podcast related!
2017 already looks to be shaping up extraordinarily well and we're in the process of looking at ways of expanding the show beyond it's podcast format.
We really appreciate all of the kind comments and feedback we've received and we're both working hard to make the show as good as it possibly can be.
The podcast was first released in September 2016 and since then we've had over 2 million listens and made it on to The Guardian's Top 50 best podcasts of 2016 . A feat i don't think we could have achieved without listeners sharing the podcast with family and friends on social media.
Thanks a million
Benjamin and Rosie
Thank you to everyone that’s downloaded the show in the last few months as, unbelievably, we’ve made it to the top of the iTunes Podcast charts in the UK.
It’s quite surreal to think this something which was a hobby has now grown so much in such a short space of time. To say we’re overwhelmed would be an understatement.
We recently had the pleasure of being featured in The Guardian.
Full Article here:
In some other news we have recently joined the audioBoom family and they have been extremely helpful in making the podcast something more sustainable.
Finally, if you’ve been enjoying the show and would like to make a monetary donation - you can do so HERE.
Hope you’re all having a great weekend!?
Things have been a little bit crazy here as the podcast seems to have exploded in a way both myself and Rosie couldn’t have even imagined. It’s seems like only yesterday that the show was a simple concept rather than something out in the big wide world.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
To say we are a bit overwhelmed by all of the support, and not to mention downloads, would be a bit of a understatement. Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to download the show and leave a comment on either iTunes, Stitcher, Podcast Addict or whatever podcast provider you might use.
We recently had the privilege of being featured in the iTunes Podcast New and Noteworthy section and have reached number 2 in the iTunes UK podcast chart…. I honestly can’t believe I’m writing this given a few months ago I didn’t even know how to work the recorder I’d purchased!
So again, MASSIVE thank to everyone for downloading.
Just to provide a bit understanding of the shows format, a new episode will be released every other week with one episode focusing on events which are slightly more surreal in nature followed by the next which will likely focus an events that are rather more sinister. This should make things more interesting for not only us, as the creators, but also the audience.
Hope you're all having a great weekend! We've been little busy here writing the next episode of the show and setting up a feed through a hosting provider. Exciting times indeed.
The podcast has been submitted to iTunes / Stitcher and we're hopeful we should be hearing back from them in the coming week.
However, if you'd like to access the show's feed directly you can do so by copying the link below and manually adding it to your podcast software:
Some instructions for iTunes users HERE.
Speak soon and enjoy.